Tuesday 15 May 2012

The taste of your water (Tame lions)

I've stopped chasing winds and rainbows, 
stopped chasing illusions, to the sea a river flows, 
the heart knows its decisions. 
I've stopped believing in fairytales,
stopped hoping in lies, 
everything pales, the superhero eventually dies... 

'Now my river surges on, I still have water to quench my thirst, 
yes I've chosen to be alone, even though you were my first, 
Now the taste of your water is gone, 
thought living alongside a river made me riparian, 
thought you were the bone of my bone, but tame lions never turn vegetarian.

Painfully discovered this fact, this fact of life, 
nothing beats the cruel act, of your fantasy cut by reality's knife, 
but better to watch a fire extinguished, than let your heart be clouded by smoke, 
in truth deception is vanquished, thanks to this wisdom my dams broke. 

'Now my river surges on, I have enough water to quench my thirst, 
yes I've chosen to be alone, even though you were my first, 
Now the taste of your water is gone, thought living alongside a river made me riparian, 
thought you were the bone of my bone, but tame lions can never be vegetarian

1 comment: