Thursday 24 May 2012

Happy birthday to me

I've made it through; been a year so tempestuous, so tumultuous, so terrifying. Left my job, left uni, moved houses, and left Mombasa to chase dreams that felt like unpalpable shadows. I lost friendz, lost peace of mind, lost joy, lost relevance...was embraced by despondency but God Kept me. 
It's been darn difficult, most days I don't believe it, it seems so surreal. But Ive been carried, through every storm i have been secure, and though opportunities have tarried, of that Im sure. Im thankful for where I am today, Im much closer to living the dream life I conjured up in my head. 

I'm officially a singer in a band, as well as an aspiring writer, I'm on my way...may not have a conventional job or money to boot but it is well...may God bless 2012, Im gonna recover...thank you Lord you for that Grace that keepeth me and supplieth freely, when every door seems shut, and every scar's a reminder of many deep a cut, thank you for letting me see, how a seed sprouts to be a tree...

HBD Mwangi

PS: Wrote this on 21st March :)

No comments:

Post a Comment