Tuesday 15 May 2012

Author of my life.

I am the author of my life: I erase pages, I falter between characters and the plot, some 'burn my books' but because this story is mine, I'll keep narrating it my way. I am the author of my life, embroiled by sadness and strife I surge forward, surrounded by sights and sounds I trudge towards, a destiny I see in my mind, clearly laid out, clearly mapped out. 
Everyday I write and rewrite, I'm not aiming for a masterpiece, the pièce de rèsistance is me. I am the plot, the hero, the sheriff, the villain, I am the warrior, the coward, the prologue, the ending. I don't know how my story begins or how it ends; post womb amnesia is the bane of our existence. Nonetheless I am now fully aware of my faculties and that's what I strive to cultivate, a sacred sanctuary for myself. 
My book is penned controversially, my beliefs span a thousand shades of faiths, but I keep objectivity and subjectivity, fact and truth as two sides of the same coin. I am the author, the publisher, the acquisition editor, the marketer. I'm bad with graphics, but I'm amazing with words, because they are my own, embellished with my DNA, sanctified by my truth, embraced by my fears, laced with my dreams. I am just an author, and so are you. So, won't you write?!

No comments:

Post a Comment