Tuesday 17 January 2012

I fought for the silence

I have waited all this time,
To have a modicum of sanity,
Battled with emotion,
Dragged myself from the throes of vanity,
I’ve even learned to mime,
What words and a sigh miserably,
Could not utter out of desperation,
When pain lacked reason or rhyme
I have fought for the silence
I have walked miles to gain it
I have danced in the rain
I’ve braved the storm to play in it
I have bought my freedom
Paid the price to chain it
Now I’m immersed in confusion
I lost my self in it,

I'll bleed myself dry,
Save me from myself,
I feel like I’m facing Goliath
And I’m David, just an elf,
I know the rain will wash me away,
But in it I can dance and shed tears,
This is my cry,
I don’t wanna drown in my fears,

Who am I
What am I
How did I get to the point of no return,
I cry, I cry,
For I am past the point of no return,

funny how I fought for the silence
I walked miles to gain it
I even danced in the rain
I’ve braved the storm to play'in it
I bought my freedom
Paid the price to chain it
got immersed in confusion
I lost my self in it,
I lost myself

Kibali

No comments:

Post a Comment