Tuesday 17 January 2012

And truth is..

My heart should be palpitating,
but all i hear is a silent murmur,
My head should be dizzy,
Maybe this is the lull before the storm,
My blood should be boiling,
like in the heat of a sweltering summer,
but peace has made it easy,
Thus to fear i won't conform,

And truth is, I'm a fool for walking away,
Truth is, maybe I'll be unhappy when from my slumber i AWAKE,
Truth is, every fiber of my being screams"mayday mayday",
for possibly sinking a ship with risks i shouldn't take
Nothing makes sense when chasing mirth,
eVERY PART OF THE JOURNEY IS HAZY,
But every step towards a rebirth,
is laden with a heaviness so crazy,
maybe I'm chasing the wind of the earth,
Maybe I'm a fool for rewriting the script,
but for once i just want to revel in self worth,
Purchased by following my heart's drift...

And truth is, I'm a fool for walking away,
Truth is, maybe I'll be unhappy when from my slumber i AWAKE,
Truth is, every fibre of my being screams"mayday mayday",
for possibly sinking a ship with risks i shouldn't take,

yes I'm afraid,
of drowning now that this vessel has sailed...
but when all is said and done but let it be said,
that atleast i tried and failed....

Kibali

No comments:

Post a Comment