Thursday 28 February 2013

My vote, my voice, my future,



I attended a poetry workshop recently at Pawa254 and the moderator was the indefatigable Sitawa Wafula. One of the things we had to do often was randomly come up with poetry pieces that we'd then share with the rest of the class. 





The piece I'm about to share was inspired by the 'graffiti' mural at the back wall, if you have time check it out, I wish I had the actual pic of the wall so you see envisage what fueled my train of thought :) Here goes.


My vote, My voice, My future, 
My mind I beseech thee to picture, 
That in your hands lies the power, 
To elect your future's watchtower,
Ballot revolution it starts with me,
By voting for them, I vote for me,
By making an informed choice I choose destiny,
By choosing peace, I choose continuity,





Ukabila ni ufala, 
Nafsi yangu maneno hayo yakariri kama sala
Ukabila ni ufala, 
Nafsi yangu maneno hayo yakariri kama sala,
Kamwe sitaruhusu ukweli kulala,
Ukabila ni ufala, 
Nafsi yangu maneno hayo yakariri kama sala.




Tribalism is foolish, oh my soul recite those words like a fervent prayer,
Tribalism is foolish, oh my soul recite those words like a fervent prayer, 
Never will I allow truth to slumber, Nribalism is foolish, My soul recite those words like a fervent prayer

Kibali.


@Kibalimoreithi 



No comments:

Post a Comment