Monday 11 February 2013

Events galore.

So today I finally let go of my twitter bio, this is what it was before; "I care too much, sing too little, I write sporadically. Island owner in The Maldives :-D, I'll win a Grammy. Gerability scale:2 Sane psycho." To be quite honest, I didn't want to change it but it was time to revamp my 'online' image me thought.

Vanity aside, today I happaned to attend the Uchaguzi electoral transparency platform by Ushahidi, Hivos and Kenya Media Program at Intercontinental, please check it out, and send your obervations no matter how 'mundane', they will be verified anyway, and who knows, they could be the very texts that paint the real picture of what is happening on the ground on election day, or prior. 

So this week, there are a couple of things that I'd like you guys to check out, I'll try be chronological, because my voices are order-oriented.... "no we are not!...yes we are!....guys we are not having a fight it's my darn blogpost!" Le sigh.

First and foremost, tomorrow 12th February, Live Jam makes a return to Club sylk, along Kimathi Street, opposite KFC. Entrance is absolutely free and it features among others Wakake, Mathewmatix of Drumjam, Vocalani band, and Nairobeats. Please make a point of attending, you shall not be disappointed. Live Jam is brought to you by 1MUSiC.

14th Feb which happens to be that day we singles totally love sees the enthraling Nina Ogot take to the Stage at Tree House from 8pm. Entrance is also absolutely free! She'll be backed by Davie who is brother to the incomparable Isaac Mugunda, bassist to Eric Wainaina.


This boy this man also happens on the same day. at Ethiopian Dass Restaurant from 6 pm. Apparently they'll be auctioning Michelle Morgan and Bernard Ndong! Debauchery is made of this :)
Dass Ethiopian Restaurant, Westlands, 6.00 PM. Entrance is 600 bob if you're single and 1,000 shs for couples. Perfomances by Mimmo, El Poet, Nique Apollo and Tamasha beats.


15th Februray sees Phoenix theatres play host to the play Meetings, a masterpiece by John Sibi-Okumu, playwright, author, actor and many other things only legends are named. Students WITH student IDs pay 300shs only, only Youth Centric rewards you for being a student!



15th February also happens to be the day that Flying Kisses by Word Up live takes place at Ethiopian Dass Restaurant. Yours truly shall be singing, and yes I have been skipping in the house to increase my lung capacity. Who said singing was easy peasy! 

Finally, Sunday 17th February, Tree House via Limelight and Glow World presents Cupid's affair. You gotta be 18+ to access this event :)

Amd that's the week in a nutshell, have yourselves an awesome one. And finally check out this awesome vid by my gurl Sage featuring Octopizzo. Amazeballs doesn't even begin to describe this chica's dulcet tones! 




No comments:

Post a Comment